Events and Community Engagement
- About The Position
- Party Shirt International is seeking a part-time, energetic and experienced events person to join our team!
As the Events and Community Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of all PSI events. You will be responsible for assisting the Sales and Marketing teams on the ground and face to face with our customer base. This will include but is not limited to, the identification, organization, preparation, and execution of all events and community engagement opportunities. We want to see you drive new sales through successful events and build stronger and tighter communities through partnerships and public engagement.
A successful Events and Community Engagement Manager will have strong relationship building skills, be extremely outgoing, have a good understanding of the apparel and outdoor industries, be able to work long days and for long periods of time, and have a careful attention to detail. Ideally, you are someone who loves to travel, loves to engage with the public, is able to represent and support a brand everywhere you go, is self motivated, and takes proactive initiative.
Our teams are currently based in Portland, OR, and Salt Lake City, UT. We are seeking someone in one of these two cities, but will make an exception for the right candidate.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Event Planning - Develop and execute regional event plans to match the company’s annual sales objectives. Maintain a current account of past, planned, and target events/community engagement opportunities to support continued and quality growth. Bike events, ski events, music events, and all kinds of other events. Introduce and connect with new brands and partners. For this, you can expect to drive, to fly, to lift heavy objects, to work tirelessly, and to be a brand ambassador everywhere you go. 10/10. Events are always an excellent time.
- Event Preparation - Plan and prepare for each event. Forecast required inventory with the Sales and Ops team. Place orders for all event inventory to arrive in a timely manner. Organize all lodging, event details, payments, and travel. Maintain organization within the company event vans and with all event materials.
- Forecasting and Ordering - You will assist with the analysis of historical sales data, current trends, and annual events plan to support monthly and quarterly inventory forecasting.
- Event Sales and Partnerships - Work with Sales and Ops to set, track, and hit monthly and annual direct to consumer sales goals.
- Build brand awareness in local markets by increasing visibility at events, at wholesale accounts, or through community outreach.
- Communication - Support sales and ops by effectively and professionally communicating via email, phone, and in person. Communicate about all current events, clearly recap and report about past events, and share plans for upcoming events with the internal team.
- Provide feedback about sales trends opportunities, in-person product reviews, customer satisfaction, and recommendations to internal teams. Participate in monthly performance, forecast, and growth reviews.
- Capabilities - You must be able to effectively use Shopify and Shopify POS to receive payments, track and evaluate DTC sales data, and to forecast for inventory needs. You must be computer literate and able to track, maintain, and build on existing and new spreadsheets.
- Budget – Create and stick to budgets that allow Party Shirt International to succeed in its mission to spread the shirt word.
- Growing the stand, and the brand – Continue to innovate and update the Party Shirt booth, our way to engage with the world. Find new events as well as plan some of our own to help people get to know Party Shirt and what we stand for.
- Remain in regular contact with internal team, customers and brand partners.
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
- The Candidate
- We’re looking for someone who loves to get outside, who can stand, talk, and sell all day long. You should be extremely outgoing, an engine for long events, an absolute liability on the dance floor, and someone who wants to really push to add color to this great and wild world.
You should come with at least a comprehension of consumer sales. Marketing experience is a plus. But more than anything you should be outgoing, well spoken, well written, and incredibly personable in and out of the office. You need to know how to use the Google and Apple suites. Clear communication and organization is essential to this role. You should have some experience with Shopify, Mailchimp, Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok. You will need a valid driver's license and an overnight bag.
You must not shy away from adversity! Grab that bull by the horns and hang on!You live anywhere, but you get a leg up in this hiring process if you live in Salt Lake City, UT or Portland, OR.
- Pay: You will take on a base pay of $40,000/year. Other perks include a company expense card, flexible schedules, amazing trips, PTO, and working with some real psychopaths.
- To apply please email Flamingo@partyshirtinternational.com with a cover letter, and your resume or fill out the form below. That’s the only French word on here, you can thank us later.
- About PSI
- The brand launched in 2018 with the goal of making quality and fun active shirts that make people happy. We hope to inspire people to get excited, to get outside, to participate in the activities they love, and to have fun while doing it. Party Shirt International doesn't just make shirts and we certainly don't make aloha shirts. We make the original Stretch Tech Party Shirt. These shirts are good for whatever you love to do! Bike, ski, climb, barbecue, hit the library, or the dentist chair. Since our founding we have made sure to give a shirt or two about the places we live and the people in each of our communities. We are proud to be members of 1% For The Planet and make sure to support social justice initiatives in our communities and abroad. These shirts are the only shirt to wear when you’re wearing a shirt. And guess what, It’s Shirt Season!